National Association of Distance Education (NADE) was established in July 1998. It was established with a purpose to promote the creation of the Information Society of Lithuania by developing distance education (DE) and improving its quality. The major purpose of NADE is to provide equal learning opportunities to all Lithuanian citizens, despite their place of living.There are a lot of opportunities for activity in Lithuania, and they are still growing, but it is possible to use them only with the help of common efforts of universities and certain governmental institutions, but here we need our active communication and participation in creative process of DE.
- collects and disseminates information about distance education events, projects and methods in order to ensure distance education efficiency;
- explores regional supply and demand for studies and courses in the field of pre-qualification, vocational education, post-secondary and higher education;
- collaborates with public information providers and disseminators, other institutions and enterprises, persons concerned;
- organizes distance education courses, carries out efficiency research and other applied distance education research in regional study and study support canters, other institutions;
- organizes workshops, seminars, conferences for distance education tutors and organizers;
- takes care of the preparation, adaptation and improvement of distance education programs;
- disseminates information about distance education development in the world, Europe, Lithuania;
- carries out research in the field of distance education organization, management and academic affairs;
- informs University, Lithuanian Distance Education Study Centre and other partners about significant distance education events;
- takes part in the development and management of the videoconferencing network.
The President of National Association of Distance Education
Dr. D. Rutkauskiene